Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 23, 2013

Dear Friend

Skeeter
We have lost a dear friend in our house this week. She got out early yesterday morning when I let them out to go pee. I saw her across the street so I got the car (Cause she always came to the car) and started after her. She saw me coming out of the house and took off. She wanted to run around. I then couldn't find her. I got back to the house it was almost 8am at this point. I told Josh if she doesn't come home by 10 I will take my bike out and go around the subdivision and trail systems to try to find her. I chose 10 cause she usually came back around the 2 hour mark.

10 came around so I took my bike out in the pouring rain and searched 6 miles around the subdivision and the trail system we have. I came back soaked to the bone with no luck of finding her. I made the kids lunch while watching out the kitchen window, still no Skeeter. Josh went out again around 1 with no luck.

  Finally at 2 we got a phone call. "Hi, I found your dog" at this I was so excited then he said..."Hold on, I think she got hit by a car and it isn't looking good." At this point I had to hand the phone to Josh. The nice gentleman took her to the nearest pet hospital that he knew of. When we were a block away the vet called us saying that she had Skeeter, then proceeded to say that she had already passed before they arrived.

Piper understands but Ryen and Shiloh still are clueless. Ryen is just going about day to day things with really no mention or feelings being showed about it. Yesterday afternoon Piper was showing emotions. Obviously Shiloh isn't 2 yet and doesn't know anything. He still calls Skeeter (specially when he is talking to Kunami).

This Christmas is definately missing one very loved puppy.

No comments: